2018 UMVF RIB COOK-OFF
Thursday, June 21st 2018
To enter: Fill out this form and mail it to UMVF Rib cook-off, PO Box 785, Williston, ND58802
Or enter online at www.umvf.com
**THIS YEAR WE ARE COOKING PORK RIBS ONLY**
- The rib cook-off will be out front of the beer gardens on the UMV fairgrounds.
- No outside beer, wine or liquir products will be allowed on the fairgrounds or the cook-off.
- Each team is allowed 4 official team members and as many assistants as necessary.Each team will receive 4 door prize tickets.
- BBQ is the ONLY method of cooking allowed.You will be rerquired to supply your own gril and untensils.Any type of grill is acceptable.Power is available if needed.If you have any special requirements, let us know ahead of time.
- The max cooking time is 7 hours. (9am to 4pm).
- Each team will receive 50lbs of pork ribs with their entry fee from a specified vendor.Limit is 15 teams.
- The UMVF board will provide each team with acontainer for judging and a blank cope of the judges score sheet.The judges are random and volunteer.
- You must provide plates and untisils to serve to the public.
- You are required to maintain cleanliness of the cooks, grills and cooking space.
- Prior to cooking, the ribs must be maintained at 40 degrees or less.
- After cooking, ribs must be at 145 degrees or above.
- THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL.
- Schedule as follows:
- 7am-begin setting up and decorating
- 9am-cooks meeting, you must have at least on team member in attendance
- 9am-you may begin cooking
- 3:50-4pm turn in your container for judging
- 4pm-free public tasting beginsWe will annoucne the winners as soon as judging begins
- 7pm- Must have grill removed from grilling area by this time
We ask that each team or sponosr consider donating a door prize if possible. We will have Rock-paper-scissors tournament and yard games going all day!
The 2018 Rib Cook-off will be bigger and better then ever before! WE are featuring “category” winners as well as an over all 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place and Peoples Choice! Games and a rock, paper, scissors contest will be going on through out the day. We ask that each team bring door prizes to be given away.
We have a limited number of spaces available so please return your entry from as soon as possible.
Any questions please call Brandy at 701-770-6533.